More than a community; a family.

HomeFAQSearchMemberlistUsergroupsRegisterLog in
Username:
Password:
:: I forgot my password
Latest topics
» New address!!! spire.servegame.com
November 11th 2017, 7:53 am by Spinach

» Let's talk about spire XIV (That's 14)...
December 3rd 2016, 11:28 pm by black_pawn

» Trusted Requests
November 22nd 2016, 9:29 pm by black_pawn

» Theif
September 9th 2016, 6:23 pm by Jerky

» House for grabs.
August 16th 2016, 11:41 am by black_pawn

» new player
August 3rd 2016, 5:24 pm by black_pawn

» powerless.
July 28th 2016, 12:42 am by ZeldaG2016

» I'm back.
June 5th 2016, 1:14 pm by black_pawn

» Anyone still active on Spire?
May 9th 2016, 7:12 pm by SpilledWarrior

» Eric for mod
April 1st 2016, 3:05 pm by Xeon

Top posters
ZeldaG2016

Penghaun

Xeon

Mr_JC_McKing

ItsSpin

Brain

Jerky

SpilledWarrior

wardgun

JayH

Who is online?
In total there are 2 users online :: 0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 2 Guests

None

Most users ever online was 20 on March 28th 2015, 4:26 am

Share | 

[Tutorial] How to prepare for a username change on Spirecraft

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
ZeldaG2016

Minecraft Username : ZeldaG2016
Female Posts : 186

PostSubject: [Tutorial] How to prepare for a username change on Spirecraft   February 7th 2015, 9:40 am

In case you didn't hear it already, Minecraft username changes were made available on February 4th, 2015. The rules of the change are simple (as established by Mojang): 

Mojang wrote:
If you change your name now you have to wait 30 days before you can change it again, so please choose wisely!

We're not going to tell you that you can't change your username. There's no way that we'd do that, but we do want to prepare you for a username change in the event that you do choose to do so. Don't change your username right away! Follow these steps below.

1st Step:

You're going to want to decide what you want to use as your username. It could be anything you want it to be. You'll need to make sure that your username isn't already taken and it's something you want.

2nd Step:

If you aren't already a member of the forums, we heavily encourage you to register. If you cannot register to the forums, you'll need to get into contact with another Spire player. Let someone know about your username change or you can post in this topic [Click Here]. Minecraft has it set up that you will lose your rank because the server cannot register that you changed your name. We need to confirm what rank you are so we make sure you get your rank back.

3rd Step:

BEFORE you change your username, make sure you get all the coordinates of your builds/homes recorded! I can't express this heavily enough. Get your inventory into a chest too so that way you've got it saved. We haven't confirmed yet that you'll lose inventory as well but I wouldn't take the chance.

4th Step:

Make the change on Mojang's website by logging into your Minecraft account and get it switched over.

5th Step:

Contact a staff member when you log back on to the server to let them know that you made the change and that you confirmed it on the forums or with another player. Give them your coordinates of your homes so they can teleport you to them. You'll need to set your homes after that.

And it's that simple! We wouldn't ask if it wasn't necessary, but please let us know when you go to change your username. We're doing this for the safety of the members and staff to ensure someone isn't giving false information. Thanks for reading!

[Tutorial] How to prepare for a username change on Spirecraft
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1